Banana rolls are stubborn areas of fat that can reduce your self-esteem and they’re common among individuals of both a lower and higher weight. Some people may also get banana rolls on their stomach, chin, or under-buttocks area. And this can surely be frustrating.
Learn how to get rid of banana rolls to increase your confidence, feel good about yourself, and slim down.
What Causes Banana Rolls?
Although it may seem like you are alone, there are men and women who both suffer from these fat deposits in stubborn areas on their body. By understanding what causes banana rolls, individuals can learn how to combat them and boost their self confidence.
- Age — As you get older, the presence of stubborn fat becomes more common. Many women experience a gathering of fat in certain trouble areas, such as on the stomach, due to hormonal changes, menopause, and aging.
- Stress — furthermore, individuals may store excess fat on their stomachs due to stress and anxiety. Learning stress reduction techniques can help lower your levels of cortisol and estrogen, two hormones that can influence the weight stored in your abdomen and under the butt region.
- Genetics — The third cause of banana rolls is genetics. Certain men or women with a family history of obesity will have a higher risk of developing banana rolls.
- Hormones — A spike in insulin levels can lead to type two diabetes, and banana rolls around your stomach region.
- High BMI — Being overweight, obese, or having an unnaturally-high BMI can cause banana rolls to gather on your stomach, under-chin area, or under-buttocks area due to the higher levels of fat in your body.
- Weak Glutes or Buttocks — The last cause of banana rolls are weak gluteal muscles, which can result from a lack of exercise, injury, or immobility.
How Do You Get Rid Of Banana Rolls Naturally (Without Surgery)?
Figuring out how to get rid of banana rolls naturally can save you from going under the knife and even provide the best results. Plus, sometimes, the fat deposits under your buttocks are not severe enough to require surgical intervention. Or maybe individuals do not want to risk anesthesia for cosmetic results.
Luckily, individuals can begin exercising, eating healthily, and using sculpting procedures to shape their bodies.
Exercises To Get Rid Of Banana Roll Fat
Specific exercises can help get rid of banana roll fat stored in your abdomen, buttocks, or legs. By building muscle, burning calories, and toning problem areas, individuals can reduce the appearance of fat and tone areas that are susceptible to fat deposits. Those who are new to the gym should look into specific exercises and the Coolcicada push pull legs routine for inspiration.
- Squats — Both back squats and front squats can tone the quadriceps, hamstrings, gluteal muscles, and core.
- Donkey kicks — Glute extension can tone your glutes, hamstrings, and calves.
- Hamstring curls — Concentrically working the hamstrings can improve muscle definition in the back of the legs, strengthen the hips, and strengthen the lower back to prevent injury.
- Bridge Walks — Bridge walks can increase core stability, tighten the hip flexors, and strengthen the lower back
- Deadlifts — Using a barbell or dumbbells, performing deadlifts can tighten and lengthen the hamstring muscles. Deadlifts can be successfully included in training programs to build lower body maximal strength and power .
- Planks — Strengthen your core, shoulders, and quadriceps by performing unweighted planks. Planks are essential in building your core, consisting of your abdominals, back, hips, buttocks, and pelvis .
- V-Ups — Performing lying V-ups can tone your lower abdominal muscles and hip flexors.
- Lunges — Lunges can be performed in any direction (backward, forwards, and laterally) to work gluteal muscles, hip flexors, hamstrings, and quadriceps.
How To Get Rid Of Banana Roll Fat Through Dieting
Along with exercising and coming up with a weekly workout plan, diet is a huge part of obtaining your desired physique. Eating a diet full of whole foods, fruits, vegetables, minerals, nutrients, lean protein, and complex carbohydrates is key to a well-rounded diet. Studies have shown that a whole food plant-based diet is effective for weight loss .
Those who are interested in losing weight through dieting need to maintain consistency and continuity. Setting realistic goals and implementing successful diets involves making slow, consistent, and steady changes. The ideal weight loss maintenance diet should be easy to follow, high in high-quality fats, and carbohydrates, and varies in fruits, vegetables, high-quality proteins, and whole-grain products .
Other options in terms of diet for fat loss include intermittent fasting, plant-based diets, low-carb diets, Paleo diet, low-fat diets, Mediterranean diet, and Weight Watchers.
- Intermittent Fasting restricts a person’s eating time to help reduce calorie intake, facilitate weight loss, increase fat burning, and maintain muscle mass.
- Plant-based diets are effective in weight loss, losing more weight than those who eat meat, reducing the prevalence of heart disease, and reducing the risk of certain cancers.
- Low-carb diets are very popular for weight loss, as they curb a person’s appetite, boost metabolism, and preserve muscle mass to reduce the appearance of banana roll fat.
- The Paleo diet involves whole foods, fruits, vegetables, meats, nuts, and seeds to reduce belly fat and waist circumference.
- Low-fat diets restrict calorie intake, reduce heart disease risk, and reduce inflammation.
- The Mediterranean diet reduces heart disease and aids in weight loss.
- Weight Watchers has been proven to help individuals lose weight, maintain weight loss, and adhere to a diet plan.
Combining exercise and diet is one of the best ways to get rid of banana rolls. If you find that you are doing all you can in terms of your lifestyle and the gym, it can be time to look into other cosmetic measures to successfully get rid of banana rolls.
Can Coolsculpting Get Rid Of Banana Rolls?
One of the most common ways of how to get rid of banana rolls is through cryolipolysis. This safe and effective non-invasive procedure helps reduce subcutaneous fat and was proven to reduce the presence of banana rolls under the buttocks after five months of use .
Furthermore, cryolipolysis is a non-invasive treatment that is safer than surgery. The efficacy of and the safety of using consistent cold therapy has been studied to determine its effectiveness for subcutaneous fat reduction. A study conducted in 2018 showed that cryolipolysis is safe and effective in reducing fat and improving body contouring (reducing banana rolls) .
Lastly, the safety and effectiveness of cryolipolysis, also known as CoolSculpting, has been established after its FDA clearance for abdomen reduction in 2012 . The FDA approved this method due to its ability to reduce localized subcutaneous fat, sustainable results, and high levels of patient satisfaction .
For those who do not want to try CoolSculpting, or who have already tried this non-invasive method, there are other treatments that can successfully reduce banana rolls on a person’s buttocks, chin, or abdomen.
Other Treatments To Get Rid Of Banana Rolls
When looking at how to get rid of banana rolls, laser treatments can be used to get rid of banana rolls on various areas of a person’s body. Studies showed that using a minimally invasive 1,440-nm pulsed YAG laser was effective in helping improve the smoothing and tightening of the skin, improvement of cellulite, and fat reduction .
SculpSure is another treatment method that is intended for non-invasive lipolysis of the abdomen, flanks, back, and thighs in people with a BMI of less than 30 . Sculpsure is a safe and effective cosmetic procedure that does not require any needles, surgery, downtime, or scarring. SculpSure is one of the most popular body contouring procedures in the world. This procedure is commonly used to get rid of under chin fat, buttocks fat, and abdomen fat.
Kybella sculpting is a third treatment method that can be used to learn how to get rid of banana rolls. Kybella sculpting is a non-surgical option that can be used to improve a person’s appearance of their double chin. This is a relatively safe procedure with very few side effects.
For those who are scared of the doctor’s office or surgical procedures, individuals will be happy to know that Kybella treatments last less than one hour and only need a few sessions to see results. Kybella has proven to be a safe and efficacious treatment for the reduction of submental fat .
Airsculpt is an effective banana roll fat removal procedure that can help with sagging skin, loose skin, and lack of firmness. Airsculpt is a specialized procedure that removes the fat cells of the banana roll to help provide a toned and defined look. This new technology does not require any needles, scalpels, or stitches.
Lastly, cryotherapy is a promising procedure for fat reduction, body contouring, and removing localized adiposities . This non-invasive method is a smart alternative to invasive methods and surgeries. And before using ice packs can reduce belly fat, just stick to proven methods like cryotherapy instead since most at-home ice therapies are ineffective.
How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Banana Roll Fat?
Even though healthy diet and exercise is a lifelong process, it doesnot take a lifetime to get rid of banana roll fat. The average results of CoolSculpting typically show up between 2-3 weeks, Airsculpt between 1-3 weeks, Kybella in around 6 weeks, cryotherapy in 2 weeks, and diet and exercise between 2-3 weeks.
Taking the steps of how to get rid of banana rolls can help you feel good about yourself and boost your self confidence in just a few weeks.
All of these treatments are effective, but healthy eating habits and exercise will help you keep those banana rolls off for good. Progress will have to continue slowly and steadily to be consistent with results and avoid yo-yo dieting and gaining weight back.
Can You Remove Banana Rolls Quickly With Liposuction?
Banana rolls can be removed using various different methods, with liposuction being the most expensive and “quickest”. Performing a butt lift can successfully give you natural-looking and feeling results while getting the aesthetic shape you have always wanted. The average price of liposuction comes to $3637, with the average price of a butt lift with fat grafting coming to $4,807.
However, there have been some reports of unsatisfactory results associated with liposuction in terms of reducing fat and improving appearance. Certain studies have shown that banana rolls can appear after the liposuction procedure due to the skin not elevating and the resection of fat leaving a scar .
Banana Rolls Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Reading some frequently asked questions and answers can give you insight into how to get rid of banana rolls and the frequency of this in our society today.
- How to hide banana rolls?
Along with adopting new techniques to minimize the appearance of banana rolls, there are certain tips you can use to hide banana rolls. Try wearing flattering clothes for your body type, moisturizing your skin to get rid of any wrinkles or sagging skin, and wearing high-waisted pants.
- Are banana rolls unattractive?
Banana rolls are typically seen as unsightly and non-aesthetic when compared to a flat stomach or toned butt. However, body confidence can help you improve your self-esteem no matter if you are in the beginning of your health journey or if you are stuck in a rut.
- What are banana rolls & does it go by other names?
Banana rolls are also called banana butt, underbutt creases, or rolls under butt. Banana rolls are bulges of fat that typically occur under the buttocks that are the cause of genetic predisposition, age, hormones, or poor diet.
- Are there any celebrities with banana rolls?
Yes. Celebrities are real people just like we are and sometimes they can be prone to genetic fat storage in specific areas of their bodies. To make you feel like you are not alone and this can happen to anyone, look at this video.
Banana rolls are fat deposits that can gather on a person’s under-chin area, under-buttocks area, or stomach. When learning how to get rid of banana roll fat, a combination of healthy diet, exercise, and procedures can help you achieve a healthy and slim look.
 Nigro, F., & Bartolomei, S. (2020). A Comparison Between the Squat and the Deadlift for Lower Body Strength and Power Training. Journal of human kinetics, 73, 145–152. https://doi.org/10.2478/hukin-2019-0139
 Solan, M. (2019). Straight talk on planking. Harvard Health Publishing. Retrieved from https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/straight-talk-on-planking-2019111318304
 Greger M. (2020). A Whole Food Plant-Based Diet Is Effective for Weight Loss: The Evidence. American journal of lifestyle medicine, 14(5), 500–510. https://doi.org/10.1177/1559827620912400
 Koliaki, C., Spinos, T., Spinou, Μ., Brinia, Μ. E., Mitsopoulou, D., & Katsilambros, N. (2018). Defining the Optimal Dietary Approach for Safe, Effective and Sustainable Weight Loss in Overweight and Obese Adults. Healthcare, 6(3), 73. https://doi.org/10.3390/healthcare6030073
 Stevens, W., Pietrzak, L., & Spring, M. (2013). Broad Overview of a Clinical and Commercial Experience With CoolSculpting. Aesthetic surgery journal / the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic surgery, 33.
 Savacini, M., Bueno, D., Molina, A., & Lopes, A. (2018). Effectiveness and Safety of Contrast Cryolipolysis for Subcutaneous-Fat Reduction. Dermatology Research and Practice, (2), 1-9.
 Coleman, S., Sachdeva, K., Egbert, B., Preciado, J., Allison, J. (2009). Clinical effectiveness of noninvasive cryolipolysis and its effects on peripheral nerves. Aesthet Plast Surg, 33, 482-488. doi: 10.1007/s00266-008-9286-8
 Tan, T., Snell, B., Braun, M., & Mochan, S. (2021). High Participant Satisfaction Achieved Using Cryolipolysis for Fat Reduction of the Abdomen and Flanks. Aesthetic surgery journal / the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
 Sasaki, G. (2013). Single Treatment of Grades II and III Cellulite Using a Minimally Invasive 1,440-nm Pulsed Nd:YAG Laser and Side-Firing Fiber: An Institutional Review Board-Approved Study with a 24-Month Follow-Up Period. Aesth Plast Surg 37, 1073–1089. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00266-013-0219-9
 Tannenbaum, A. (2017). Department of Health and Human Services. Food and Drug Administration.
 Shamban A. T. (2016). Noninvasive Submental Fat Compartment Treatment. Plastic and reconstructive surgery. Global open, 4(12 Suppl Anatomy and Safety in Cosmetic Medicine: Cosmetic Bootcamp), e1155. https://doi.org/10.1097/GOX.0000000000001155
 Ingargiola, M., Motakef, S., Chung, M., Vasconez, H., & Sasaki, G. H. (2015). Cryolipolysis for fat reduction and body contouring: safety and efficacy of current treatment paradigms. Plastic and reconstructive surgery, 135(6), 1581–1590. https://doi.org/10.1097/PRS.0000000000001236
 Hunstad, J., D’Amico, R., Toledo, L., Vogt, P. (1999). Unsatisfactory Results of Liposuction. Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 19(4).