After scouring their nutritional information, there are 50 Jason’s Deli keto options available but this secret low carb menu isn’t online — or more so, that have nutritional information online but it’s difficult to skim and you have to click several different buttons to look at different food types.8
From sandwiches to chili, salad dressings to soup toppings, we’ll break down the nutrition facts of every low carb option at Jason’s Deli to make ordering a breeze.
Simply find something tasty, see if the macronutrients (carbs, fats, and proteins) fit your daily allotment, and order away!
Is It Possible To Eat Keto at Jason’s Deli?
The keto diet is one of the most popular weight loss diets for beginners. The premise is simple – to remain in ketosis, limit carbohydrate consumption to 20-50 grams of carbohydrate per day.1
If you stay in ketosis and maintain a calorie deficit, you’ll lose weight. While simple in concept, this can be challenging in execution, particularly while eating out.
At places like Jason’s Deli, where menus are oriented around bread, chips, baked goods, and other carb-dense foods, adhering to a keto diet can feel impossible!
However, Jason’s Deli, especially when compared to other deli restaurants, actually has an impressive number of menu items under 30 grams of net carbs. And with some key secret menu hacks, keto dieters can unlock 50 different Jason’s Deli keto options.
All 50 Jason’s Deli Keto Menu Items: Ranked by Lowest Carb
Within each category, these menu items are ranked in order of carb content, from lowest to highest. When selecting what to order, keep in mind that soup consumption is associated with a lower total caloric intake and salads increase nutrient intake significantly.2, 3
Building a meal around one or both of those items is a great way to create a meal that will maximize weight loss results. While the net carb count of each of these items is important, pay attention to the fat and protein content as well to ensure that you order a balanced meal.
Please note any modifications necessary to make these keto options.
1. Great Southwest Bowl (No Rice) – 550 calories, 8g net carbs, 39g fat, 36g protein
2. Ultimate BLT Bowl (No Quinoa or Pickled Red Onions) – 600 calories, 7g net carbs, 50g fat, 45g protein
3. Modern Med Bowl – 600 calories, 29g net carbs, 35g fat, 40g protein
Specialty Sandwiches (All Regular Sizes)
4. Amy’s Turkey-O (No Bread, Add Egg) – 320 calories, 6g net carbs, 19g fat, 29g protein
5. Avocado Toast (Sourdough Bread) – 380 calories, 24g net carbs, 26g fat, 8g protein
6. Italian Cruz Po’boy (No Bread) – 330 calories, 8g net carbs, 22g fat, 26g protein
7. MeataBalla Sandwich (No Bread) – 890 calories, 21g net carbs, 64g fat, 50g protein
8. Santa Fe Chicken (No Bread) – 450 calories, 4g net carbs, 28g fat, 44g protein
9. Shelley’s Deli Chick (No Bread) – 320 calories, 14g net carbs, 24g fat, 15g protein
10. The Carmela (No Bread) – 460 calories, 3g net carbs, 34g fat, 34g protein
11. The Papa Joe (No Bread, Add Egg) – 460 calories, 7g net carbs, 35g fat, 28g protein
12. Spinach Veggie Wrap (Order With Lettuce Wrap Instead of Wheat Wrap) – 250 calories, 11g net carbs, 16g fat, 14g protein
13. Ranchero (Order With Lettuce Wrap Instead of Wheat Wrap) – 490 calories, 11g net carbs, 29g fat, 44g protein
14. Turkey Wrap (Order With Lettuce Wrap Instead of Wheat Wrap) – 200 calories, 5g net carbs, 13g fat, 21g protein
Famous Favorites (Order All With No Bread!)
15. Beefeater – 590 calories, 5g net carbs, 34g fat, 71g protein
16. New York Yankee – 840 calories, 0g net carbs, 53g fat, 89g protein
17. Reuben the Great – 610 calories, 5g net carbs, 33g fat, 71g protein
18. Reuben the Great Pastrami – 900 calories, 5g net carbs, 73g fat, 54g protein
19. Wild Salmon-wich – 330 calories, 4g net carbs, 23g fat, 25g protein
Clubs (Order All With No Bread!)
20. California Club – 400 calories, 4g net carbs, 30g fat, 31g protein
21. Club Royale – 420 calories, 10g net carbs, 24g fat, 42g protein
22. Deli Club – 470 calories, 5g net carbs, 32g fat, 42g protein
Muffalettas (Order All With No Bread!)
23. Ham & Salami Muffaletta – 1330 calories, 21g net carbs, 98g fat, 82g protein
24. Roasted Turkey Breast Muffaletta – 1250 calories, 22g net carbs, 88g fat, 87g protein
25. Chicken Caesar (No Croutons or Focaccia Bread) – 780 calories, 10g net carbs, 62g fat, 44g protein
26. Chicken Club Salad – 1110 calories, 16g net carbs, 93g fat, 86g protein
27. Mesa Chicken Salad – 850 calories, 23g net carbs, 62g fat, 41g protein
28. Nutty Mixed-Up Salad (Replace Cranberry Walnut Mix and Grapes with Sliced Avocado) – 630 calories, 20g net carbs, 45g fat, 37g protein
29. The Big Chef – 1050 calories, 16g net carbs, 86g fat, 87g protein
30. Chili (Bowl) – 550 calories, 14g net carbs, 38g fat, 35g protein
31. Homemade Beef Stew (Bowl) – 190 calories, 22g net carbs, 2.5g fat, 18g protein
32. Tomato Basil (Bowl) – 530 calories, 26g net carbs, 38g fat, 14g protein
33. Broccoli Cheese (Bowl) – 570 calories, 30g net carbs, 37g fat, 24g protein
34. Chicken Pot Pie (Cup) – 310 calories, 20g net carbs, 18g fat, 16g protein
35. Irish Potato (Cup) – 510 calories, 23g net carbs, 37g fat, 12g protein
36. Spicy Seafood Gumbo (Cup) – 200 calories, 23g net carbs, 8g fat, 8g protein
37. All Flavors Chips – 100-220 calories and 20-24g net carbs per package
38. Broccoli Salad – 320 calories, 7g net carbs, 30g fat, 6g protein
39. Guacamole – 190 calories, 2g net carbs, 17g fat, 2g protein
40. Organic Red Pepper Hummus – 200 calories, 14g net carbs, 12g fat, 6g protein
41. Steamed Veggies – 60 calories, 7g net carbs, 0g fat, 4g protein
42. Tzatziki with Cucumber Slices – 160 calories, 17g net carbs, 6g fat, 9g protein
43. Gingerbread Muffin – 60 calories, 9g net carbs, 2g fat, <1g protein
44. Chicken Tenders – 180 calories, 18g net carbs, 2.5g fat, 21g protein
45. Breakfast Club (No Bread) – 370 calories, 3g net carbs, 25g fat, 33g protein
46. Breakfast Sammy (Flatbread) – 240 calories, 23g net carbs, 11g fat, 13g protein
The following options are catering only:
47. Chocolate Hazelnut Beignet – 90 calories, 10g net carbs, 5g fat, 2g protein
48. Apricot Pecan Toga – 200 calories, 16g net carbs, 15g fat, 2g protein
49. Cranberry Lemon Zest Toga – 180 calories, 20g net carbs, 12g fat, 1g protein
50. Banana Nut Muffin – 220 calories, 28g net carbs, 10g fat, 5g protein
What Are the Most Popular Keto Options at Jason’s Deli?
Research indicates that a low-carb diet can be as effective as exercise in improving metabolic health.4 The combination of exercise and a low-carb diet is the most effective option, however, so be sure to check out this 12 week dumbbell workout plan (PDF).
It’s impossible to stick to a diet unless you enjoy the food, however. These popular Jason’s Deli menu items are both delicious and keto! They’re fan favorites that have made this deli one of the most popular sandwich chains in the US.
Reuben the Great: With half a pound of hot corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and creamy 1000 Island dressing, this sandwich is a classic flavor combo and includes lots of satiating fat and protein. While you’ll need to order it without bread to keep it keto, ask for a bed of leaf lettuce and enjoy it like a salad!
California Club: Order this sandwich without bread and enjoy the gourmet roasted turkey breast, crispy bacon, Swiss cheese, guacamole, and organic field greens on their own. Add steamed veggies for a nutrient-rich side.
Garden-Fresh Salad Bar: Jason’s Deli keto fans love the restaurant’s Garden-Fresh Salad Bar. This is where you can really customize your meal, making the ultimate keto salad – loaded with low-carb vegetables, cheese, meat, and fatty toppings like nuts, olives, and creamy salad dressings.
Chili: A warm bowl of Jason’s Deli chili, packed with beef, beans, tomatoes, and proprietary spices, is a great way to reach your daily fiber goal on the keto diet. Top with shredded cheddar cheese for some extra fat.
Either a cup or bowl is keto-compliant.
Beefeater Sandwich: This show stopping sandwich is keto when ordered without bread. You’ll get a half pound of hot roast beef, provolone, mayo, and a cup of au jus.
Enjoy as a filling meal with a side of steamed veggies or broccoli salad.
It’s easy to enjoy a wide variety of soups, salads, sandwiches, and sides as you continue on your successful keto weight loss journey. With this secret low carb menu, Jason’s Deli keto meals are a snap to put together!
Broccoli Cheese Soup: Jason’s Deli Broccoli Cheese Soup has a cult following, and for good reason. It’s rich, savory, and loaded with a cheesy flavor.
They make all of their soups with proprietary recipes. Fortunately, this soup is keto-compliant too! Warm up on cold days with a cup or bowl of broccoli cheese soup.
Be sure to pair it with a high protein dish like a (bread-less) sandwich or salad with meat since the soup itself is pretty low in protein.
At Jason’s Deli, keto dieters have many delicious options. Stay away from the bread, focus on soups and salads, and aim to fill up on protein and fat to have the best experience eating a low-carb meal at this popular deli.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Healthiest Low Calorie Options at Jason's Deli?
Jason’s Deli does an excellent job of sharing the nutrition facts of all their menu options. Among the menu items listed here, the lowest calorie options include the Spinach Veggie Wrap, the Turkey Wrap, the Wild Salmon-wich, the Homemade Beef Stew, and the Nutty Mixed-Up Salad.
Is Broccoli Cheese Soup From Jason’s Deli Keto?
Yes, either a cup or a bowl of Jason’s Deli broccoli cheese soup clocks in at fewer than 30 grams of net carbs! A cup contains 22 grams net carbs and a bowl contains 30 grams net carbs. This rich soup pairs well with a salad.
If you want to make your own delicious keto soup, check out this indulgent keto Mexican soup recipe.
Is Jason’s Deli Chili Keto?
Although it does contain beans, Jason’s Deli Chili is keto. Topped with shredded cheddar and diced red onions, a cup of chili has 10 grams net carbs and a bowl has 14 grams net carbs.
This leaves plenty of remaining carbs for an accompanying sandwich, salad, or side dish!
Are There Any Jason’s Deli Low Carb Salad Dressings?
Jason’s Deli keto salad dressing options include Balsamic Vinaigrette, Blue Cheese Dressing, Creamy Caesar Dressing, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Homemade Ranch Dressing, Jalapeno Ranch, Red Wine Vinegar, and Thousand Island Dressing. Each of these options has between 0-8 grams net carbs per serving.
Plus, they’re a great way to up the fat content of a meal!
What Is the Most Keto-Friendly Meal at Jason’s Deli?
The New York Yankee (No Bread) has 840 calories, 0g net carbs, 53g fat, and 89g protein. A custom salad with Organic Field Greens, Country Olives, Hard-Boiled Egg, Zucchini Stix, Natural Grilled Chicken Breast, Bacon Bits, Feta, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Red Wine Vinegar has 840 calories, 6g net carbs, 75g fat, and 44g protein.
What Is the Most Affordable Keto Meal at Jason’s Deli?
The cheapest keto meal at Jason’s Deli is the Garden-Fresh Salad Bar. While salads aren’t typically the most affordable way to load up on protein and fat, it’s easy to hack the Jason’s Deli to-go salad bar option.
Use the to-go container to load up on meat, cheese, and other more expensive toppings, then add your own greens and salad dressing at home or at the office. You’ll likely have enough for 2-3 meal size salads this way!
Does Jason’s Deli Serve Pizza?
You can order either Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza from the Kids Menu, but with 49 grams of net carbs each, it’s definitely not keto-friendly. Stick with homemade or store bought cauliflower crust pizza instead to get your pizza fix.
Click here to learn how many slices of pizza should I eat on a diet.
Does Jason’s Deli Serve Breakfast?
Jason’s Deli has a selection of breakfast sandwiches and coffee and tea, as well as breakfast baked goods available as additional catering options. Keto dieters can enjoy the breakfast sandwiches without bread, or pair one serving of the Chocolate Hazelnut Beignet, Apricot Pecan Toga, Cranberry Lemon Zest Toga, or Banana Nut Muffin with coffee or tea, with heavy cream and a keto-approved sweetener.
Additionally, learning more about whether or not dextrose is keto, and other keto sweeteners can help to make an informed decision when it comes to the countless artificial sweeteners on the market.
1Oh R, Gilani B, Uppaluri KR. Low Carbohydrate Diet. [Updated 2022 Jul 11]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: <https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK537084/>
2Zhu Y, Hollis JH. Soup consumption is associated with a lower dietary energy density and a better diet quality in US adults. Br J Nutr. 2014 Apr 28;111(8):1474-80. doi: 10.1017/S0007114513003954. Epub 2014 Jan 2. PMID: 24382211. <https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24382211/>
3Hoy MK, Sebastian RS, Goldman JD, Wilkinson Enns C, Moshfegh AJ. Consuming Vegetable-Based Salad Is Associated with Higher Nutrient Intakes and Diet Quality among US Adults, What We Eat in America, National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2011-2014. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2019 Dec;119(12):2085-2092. doi: 10.1016/j.jand.2019.04.018. Epub 2019 Jul 2. PMID: 31278048. <https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31278048/>
4Cai L, Yin J, Ma X, Mo Y, Li C, Lu W, Bao Y, Zhou J, Jia W. Low-carbohydrate diets lead to greater weight loss and better glucose homeostasis than exercise: a randomized clinical trial. Front Med. 2021 Jun;15(3):460-471. doi: 10.1007/s11684-021-0861-6. Epub 2021 Jun 29. PMID: 34185279. <https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34185279/>
5EzumeImages. Canva. Accessed 15 April 2023. <https://www.canva.com/photos/MAEE70AJddw-broccoli-and-cheddar-cheese-soup/>
6gmnicholas. Canva. Accessed 15 April 2023. <https://www.canva.com/photos/MAEJHkGP_4o-healthy-turkey-sandwich/>
7Billion Photos. Canva. Accessed 15 April 2023. <https://www.canva.com/photos/MADGYcEkg_U-club-sandwich/>
8taden. Canva. Accessed 15 April 2023. <https://www.canva.com/photos/MAC8dfJQjk0-sandwich-and-salad/>